OSAGE, Iowa - There's a grassroots effort to get people to want to move to Iowa.
It's called Iowaroot.org and it was started by former state house representative Josh Byrnes.
Byrnes talked about how he's tired of hearing people complain that their town is dying. He says he wanted to stop talking and start doing something change that. So, he came up with Iowaroots.org. Right now it is mainly a Facebook initiative. He's asking those who live in Iowa currently or have visited to post on the page saying why they love the state. Soon, they'll get a website going that will list information about towns in Iowa and hopefully match you up with one that you could consider calling home.
“If I could get five people to move back to Osage in the next and they could come to us and say it was because of this, that's a win. That’s an absolute win,” Byrnes said.
Byrnes is also involving students who are in Iowa BIG North to help with the effort.
They're putting together a rubric of what they want featured on the website in order to best serve you.
- Locals start grassroots effort to showcase Iowa
- Showcasing Iowa talent on the silver screen
- Entrepreneurship Showcase at St. Mary's
- Austin photography exhibit showcases diversity
- St. Ansgar gallery showcasing local works of art
- Local effort in National Home Fire Campaign
- Britt VFW efforts honored
- Three Honkers named to Major League showcase
- Both Sides of the Bars showcases artwork
- Fishing Opener 2019 a chance to showcase Albert Lea