MASON CITY, Iowa – Friday afternoon, much of the KIMT viewing area experienced record warm temperatures.
This allowed Cerro Gordo county residents to finally enjoy some time in the sunshine at East Park, such as fishing in in the Winnebago River.
“I’m out here catching some walleye (fish),” said Tony Anderson. “I didn’t think I’d be doing this in January.
Others simply wanted to take a casual stroll through the park with their four-legged companions to get out of the house for a while.
“We’re out and about just having fun,” said Paul Reich. “I just thought I’d get her (his Chihuahua) out because she doesn’t like the cold weather. It feel nice – can’t wait for tomorrow.”
Mason City experienced a record-high temperature of 47-degrees, breaking the previous record from 2007. Rochester didn’t quite break the record-high 43-degrees in 2007, maxing out at 40 this afternoon.
- Locals enjoy unseasonable temperatures
- Unseasonably cold temperatures have area farmers facing new gas restrictions
- Enjoying warmer temperatures for the holiday week
- Local boy enjoys a day of sledding
- StormTeam3: A Winter Solstice with unseasonably warm temps this weekend
- Enjoying the warm winter weather
- Rochester students enjoy "Cool School" Polar Plunge
- Check your water temperatures
- 'Enjoy your incarceration,' victim tells man at Iowa sentencing
- Some workers enjoyed the cold temps on Wednesday