BELMOND, Iowa- Victoria Middleton of Belmond is telling her story to try and make people aware of what she says is fake check that is being sent in the mail. She then called the company that the check said it came from and found out they did not send her anything in the mail.
Middleton says she has been misled before by a fake internet company that ended up taking over her computer as well as getting a hold of personal information, which is why she is telling her story.
“It is frustrating having to prove that you aren’t the one making these charges on your account,” she said. “It took over a year to start getting some of the money back and we still haven’t got it all back.”
Middleton says she lost around $4,000.
- Local woman speaks out about fake check
- Fact check: Trump promotes fake Ronald Reagan quote about him
- Woman accused of check forgery
- Local woman speaks about the need for organ donors
- Northeast Iowa woman sentenced for check forgery
- Rochester woman gets probation for check forgery
- Man accused of felony theft in NE Iowa for using fake check to purchase vehicle
- Iowa woman accused of faking transplant imprisoned for theft
- Congressman King speaks to local leaders
- Check your water temperatures