LAKE MILLS, Iowa- The Saturday before Mother’s Day, Verna Sanderson, of Lake Mills, got the surprise she never imagined would happen.
While a group of workers were cleaning her air ducts they found a ring at the very bottom of the duct. Sanderson says the ring belonged to her mother who died in 1993. She said she doesn’t know when her mother lost the ring, but it has been missing for decades.
Sanderson said she was brought to tears when the ring was found.
“My mom was not much of a jewelry person, but she wore this ring,” Sanderson said. “I’m not much of a jewelry person either, but I’ll probably wear it from now on. It is a pretty special thing.”
Sanderson said she moved in to the house once her mother died.
- North Iowa woman brought to tears when ring missing for decades found in air duct
- UPDATE: Missing woman located in North Iowa
- North Iowa woman sentenced for forgery
- North Iowa woman arrested for arson
- "Ring of Fire"
- Air quality warning across North Iowa & Southern Minnesota
- Police say missing woman has been found
- Northeast Iowa killer sentenced to decades in prison
- Update: Missing North Iowa woman located in Mason City, man arrested
- North Iowa woman charged after child, 3, found to be malnourished and with severe bruising