MASON CITY, Iowa - It's not uncommon to hear of people adopting families or kids to give to during this holiday season, but one area union is taking a different route.
Members of the IAMAW Lodge 1045 out of Algona raised enough money to give each resident at the Algona Manor a bundle of Christmas items this year. Blankets, lotions, and games have all been purchased, totalling $1,600.
They are also able to purchase a gheri chair for the manor for at least three residents to use.
- Local union gives to Algona Manor residents
- Algona superintendent resigns
- Algona police asking for public's help after string of thefts
- Algona man pleads not guilty to sending, receiving naked images
- Algona science teacher selected for national STEM grant
- Algona man admits to asking a teen for nude photos
- Four area teams ranked in Class A; Algona with two ranked teams
- Forest City vs. Algona comes down to the wire; 6 north Iowa girls BB teams ranked
- Thanksgiving plans for local residents
- 'It just tugs at your heart' - 2 days before man dies, longtime couple weds inside Algona hospital