ROCHESTER, Minn.- We are 25 days into the partial government shutdown and federal employees have now missed one paycheck.
Local community members are stepping up and helping out like Pasquales Neighborhood Pizzeria.
Pasquale Presa co-owns the New York style pizzeria in the heart of downtown Rochester. Thousands of federal workers are working without getting paid amid the partial government shutdown and Pasquale couldn't imagine what federal workers are dealing with.
He recently delivered pizza to the federal medical center and to TSA workers at the Rochester International Airport.
Pasquale plans to keep deliver pizzas until the shutdown is over.
“It's the right thing to do. We decided to hopefully bring them a smile and get that 2 seconds or 5 minutes of you know what? Let's enjoy what we have right now,” he said.
Here are some other resources available in our area during the shut down.
-Channel One Food Bank, say they’re ready to aid federal workers going without pay.
-The volunteer group, Caring Acts of Kindness Everywhere, or CAKE, held a donation drive for families in the area working without pay due to the shutdown.
- Local restaurant delivers pizza to federal workers
- 12 days of pizza are helping 12 local families
- Federal judge strikes down Iowa law on undercover ag workers
- Federal workers can ride the bus for free in Rochester
- Man charged with stealing gun from co-worker at southern MN pizza place
- Delivering food in the snow
- Local people mourn the loss of a popular restaurant
- Federal agencies seize Backpage.com
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- Voters deliver split verdict in Iowa's midterms