DES MOINES, Iowa – A member of the Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health has been named the Public Health Ambassador for the State Hygienic Laboratory.
Brian Hanft is the 10th to take up that position.
“It is a great honor and privilege to be selected as the 2018-2019 Public Health Ambassador for the State Hygienic Laboratory,” says Hanft. “I am humbled and eager to help promote and advocate on behalf of SHL. The SHL is a wonderful institution that offers Iowans critically important services and support.”
The Deputy Director of Public Health and Environmental Health Service Manager, Hanft was worked in Cerro Gordo County for 16 years. He says he plans to focus on strengthening emergency response planning and developing more connections with local public health agencies and boards of health.
“My vision is that SHL leadership will work with Brian to promote the mission of the lab in these two focus areas,” says SHL Director Michael Pentella.
- Local official named Public Health Ambassador
- New director named for Cerro Gordo Co. public health
- Health officials urge Minnesotans to get vaccinations
- Healthiest State award for Cerro Gordo Public Health
- Cerro Gordo Co. Dept. of Public Health wins national accreditation
- Cerro Gordo public health nurse wins childhood immunization award
- Gov. declares a public health disaster emergency in Iowa
- Local organizations offer youth mental health training
- UPDATE: U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley to leave Trump Administration