DES MOINES, Iowa – A member of the Cerro Gordo County Department of Public Health has been named the Public Health Ambassador for the State Hygienic Laboratory.
Brian Hanft is the 10th to take up that position.
“It is a great honor and privilege to be selected as the 2018-2019 Public Health Ambassador for the State Hygienic Laboratory,” says Hanft. “I am humbled and eager to help promote and advocate on behalf of SHL. The SHL is a wonderful institution that offers Iowans critically important services and support.”
The Deputy Director of Public Health and Environmental Health Service Manager, Hanft was worked in Cerro Gordo County for 16 years. He says he plans to focus on strengthening emergency response planning and developing more connections with local public health agencies and boards of health.
“My vision is that SHL leadership will work with Brian to promote the mission of the lab in these two focus areas,” says SHL Director Michael Pentella.
- Local official named Public Health Ambassador
- Iowa public health officials tackle vaping health concerns
- New director named for Cerro Gordo Co. public health
- Olmsted Co. Public Health: No evidence of local transmission yet
- New name, new look for public health in Cerro Gordo County
- Rochester Public Schools focusing on mental health
- CG Public Health establishing coronavirus call center
- North Iowa public health official: Number of people with 'no concern for social distancing'
- Health officials urge Minnesotans to get vaccinations
- Public Health: Olmsted Co. Coronavirus case has no signs of local transmission