MEZEPPA, Minn.- A historic building in southern Minnesota was destroyed Sunday morning by a fire. Fire fighters responded to a call around 3 a.m.
W.D.’s Bar & Grill, located at 217 1st Ave. North was a popular place to spend a Friday night.
Now, residents in Mezeppa are mourning the loss of the popular restaurant.
One local, Sam Umbaugh said this place was more than a restaurant.
“It’s heart breaking,” said Umbaugh “When you walk in there everyone knew your name and your order. “
Another person saddened by the loss of the restaurant was John Annen. He tells KIMT that he grabbed a brick from the burned building.
“To perserve memories...this place is historic. There will never be another one like it.”
Fire Chief Brandon Goranson said the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Local people mourn the loss of a popular restaurant
- Popular rooftop restaurant is closed... for now
- Local restaurant delivers pizza to federal workers
- Little Free Libraries Gain Popularity
- Popular FaceApp sparking privacy concerns
- Community mourns loss of boy who drowned in pond: 'You pray you don't have to bury your child'
- Wrestling is growing increasingly popular with girls
- New blackout license plates popular in Iowa
- FDA takes action against popular vaping brand
- Restaurants struggle to find employees