ROCHESTER, Minn.- Every day officers put their lives on the line to protect their community and it's a sad reality to face that sometimes they don't come back home.
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund reports that there have been 104 law enforcement fatalities nationwide, that's a two percent increase from last year.
Law enforcement in Southeast Minnesota is looking to honor their brothers and sisters in blue.
They are raising funds to build a law enforcement memorial at Soldiers Field Veterans Memorial Park in Rochester.
“We’re doing everything we can to raise money to build the law enforcement memorial,” said Sheriff Kevin Torgerson.
But they need help, on their website they've only raised six-percent of their goal of half a million dollars.
To donate, click here.
- Local law enforcement raise money for memorial site
- Local law enforcement raises money for Special Olympics
- Law Enforcement Memorial coming to SE Minnesota
- How does encryption affect local law enforcement?
- Local law enforcement receives tactical medicine training
- Fundraiser held to honor fallen police officer and raise funds for new law enforcement memorial
- Plans in motion to build law enforcement memorial
- Local father raising money for water fountains
- Local theatre raising money for immigrant families
- Law enforcement stepping up patrol