ROCHESTER, Minn. - You might start seeing more of this big yellow truck on the streets on Rochester.
It belongs to Zumbro Lutheran Church and is part of their Open Table Ministry. Every Thursday night, the truck gives free burritos to families in need in Rochester. The truck just got a new $5,000 make over.
"It helps people understand who we are and what we're doing. It says right on the truck all are welcome, dinner's on us. So our whole purpose is out there for the community to see," Pastor Jason Bryan-Wegner with Zumbro Lutheran Church said.
The truck has had pump the breaks on its mission because of some unseasonbly cold weather. But now with the warmer weather they should be able to open the truck every Thursday. But, they still need more volunteers. Pastor Jason encourages people to help serve the community, saying this truck is more than just delicious food it serves.
"It's not just food, it's about building relationships and building community. The people that we meet are just like everyone else," he said. "They're trying to live their lives, they're trying to raise their kids, they're trying to make it. What we've found is that we find a lot more commonality than we find difference."
You can learn more about the truck and how to volunteer on the ministry's Facebook page, click here.
- Coming soon...food trucks!
- Local food truck is asking for your help
- Promoting local food sources
- Winnebago Ind. builds new Vikings food truck
- Feast Local Foods Marketplace showcases local farms and food vendors
- Making local food more profitable
- Food Trucks Could Become A Permanent Fixture in ALbert Lea
- Food truck vendor helping those affected by Charles City tornado
- Byron High School gets food truck for students to run
- County/city competition benefits local food shelf