CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- A special screening of the documentary “Eating Animals” took place Tuesday at the Clear Lake Theater.
The movie features a Thornton Farmer Paul Willis of Niman Ranch and discusses the importance of knowing the people handling your food.
Willis said the movie addressed the issue of animals that are miss treated before they are harvest and served at restaurants and grocery stores as well as featured farms like his own where the animals can roam around and have a better quality of life.
Willis said it should also show people the importance of eating less meat.
“As Americans, we probably eat way more meat than we need to,” he said. “They say we should only eat about 4 ounces a day for nutritional value.”
Willis said the film may soon be up for a number of different awards.
- Local farmer featured in documentary shown at Clear Lake Theater
- Clear Lake purchases property for 'gateway feature'
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Slightly chilly start to Clear Lake Farmers Market
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- SAW: Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Chaos of school shooting shown in 911 calls, radio traffic