MASON CITY, Iowa - All day Wednesday and Thursday it will be hard to miss hearing the stories of local families talking about how the University of Iowa Children's Hospital has impacted their lives.
It’s all part of the Star 106 McCloskey Appliance Children's Miracle Network Radiothon.
Dani Shores and her family spoke about her nephew, Xavier. Xavier was nearly three when he was diagnosed with cancer and died a year later. Their story is being told in order to show others how the money donated Wednesday and Thursday impacts families like theirs.
“I think by getting Xavier’s story out we're sharing with people that it does happen in our communities, it does happen around here and by sharing his story people would think what can I do to help,” Shores said.
This is the 10th year Star 106 has hosted this radiothon. During the time Xavier's family spoke on the radio, all donations that came in were matched by an anonymous donor.
- Local family helps with Star 106 McCloskey Appliance Children's Miracle Network Radiothon
- Family shares story of loss during Children's Miracle Network Radiothon
- JCPenney is ditching appliances and most furniture from its stores
- Local family looks to help victims' transition
- Grand View signing local stars
- The Rochester Fire Department wants you to get your appliances checked
- 12 days of pizza are helping 12 local families
- Local stars finding success at Grand View
- Helping children who are dealing with grief
- Saints get revenge for 'miracle' in 30-20 win over Vikings