AUSTIN, Minn.- The River Rats Car Club of Austin is making it a lot easier for residents to dispose of used and damaged flags.
“It’s just something we can do to show our appreciation,” said Car Club President John Devries.
They created Flag boxes located at the Austin VFW and the Austin American Legion.
Devries said he got the idea for the boxes after seeing flag disposal boxes in the south.
Creating a flag disposal box helps residents who aren’t able to drop off their damaged flags during business hours.
“Whether day or night you can drop the flag in the deposit box and it will be disposed of properly,” said Devries.
The boxes were delivered to the VFW and American Legion on July 3.
- Local club donates Flag deposit box to VFW
- Britt VFW efforts honored
- VFW and Kingsland students place flags for Memorial Day
- Sheriff: Rat trap, grease and string part of theft from southern MN bank deposit box
- Flags flying high for local veterans
- VFW's Last Call: 'It's home away from home'
- Clear Lake VFW photo memorial doubles in size
- Local gun club hosts gun show
- Local foundation seeks donations for Giving Tuesday
- Olive Garden donates food to local organizations