ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Registration and early events for the Minnesota Governor's Fishing Opener kicked off on Thursday. Getting ready for an influx of visitors to the city, local businesses have been preparing for the big weekend.
"We just want to make the place as open and inviting as possible," says Charlene Marley, office manager at the Albert Lea Art Center. "We're expecting a very good crowd, a good sized crowd," adds president Darlene Paulson. The Art Center is featuring artwork from local and student artists and hosting some showcases and events throughout the weekend.
"We're excited about new people coming to town, trying food and enjoying themselves," says Natalie Lund, co-owner of local restaurant Elbow Room.
- Fishing Opener 2019 a boost to Albert Lea's economy
- Albert Lea Lakes Area to host 2019 Governor's Fishing Opener
- Fishing Opener 2019: 600 volunteers coming together in Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019 a chance to showcase Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019 a boon to Albert Lea businesses
- Fishing Opener 2019: Learning the stories of Albert Lea through 'The Biggest Fish Story'
- Volunteers needed for Governor's fishing opener in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea businesses ready for governor's fishing opener
- 2019 MN Governor's Fishing Opener will be held in Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019 wraps up, called 'a really big deal' for Albert Lea