ORONOCO, Minn. - A local business is causing headaches for residents that live near it.
Brandon Evans lives right next door to Oronoco Auto Parts.
He tells KIMT the business uses one of its buildings to crush metal into scrap. It makes for heavy truck traffic and lots of noise around the salvage yard at all hours of the day.
"We expected there to be some noise," Evans said, "but you know we don't expect to be woken up every day. We don't expect to be, you know, hearing and feeling the whole house rattle from them dropping dumpsters."
The city has sent letters to the business about violations, but no citations or fines were issued.
KIMT called Oronoco Auto Parts for comment, but has yet to hear back.
- Local business causing neighborhood concerns
- Impending snow and rain causes concern for area businesses
- Investing in local businesses
- Construction causing extra concern for kids' safety
- Growing city causes concerns for current residents
- Local woman expresses Medicaid concerns
- Local businesses concerned about Broadway Ave. project: 'There's 53 businesses that are going to be impacted'
- Rochester neighborhood garden expanding
- 122 project impacting local businesses
- Heavy snow causing numerous structural concerns across Minnesota