MASON CITY, Iowa - In the event of the snow storm, schools and local businesses were closed to keep everyone safe.
But the storm didn't stop one local boy from having fun.
Mason City resident Jordan Romaine was ecstatic when he found out he could have a full day of sledding in the parking lot near his home.
He says he stays safe while sledding by dressing in layers, wearing boots and watching out for cars.
“I usually make sure I got grip and I look both ways when I am crossing the street because people do not stop.”
Romaine says he uses the KIMT app to make sure he and his family were up to date on weather alerts.
- Local boy enjoys a day of sledding
- Locals enjoy unseasonable temperatures
- March Madness Sledding Edition
- 5th Annual Cardboard Sled Race
- 7-year-old Minnesota boy dies after crashing into tree while sledding
- Local Heroes Days
- 'Enjoy your incarceration,' victim tells man at Iowa sentencing
- Local high school leadership conference on MLK Day
- Local mom uses World Down Syndrome Day to advocate, educate
- Charles City could see localized flooding over next few days