ROCHESTER, Minn.-A barbershop is closing it's doors after 50 years in Rochester.
Lee Kirchner has cut hair in this area since the 1960's and will soon be putting the scissors down. He tells KIMT that his shop, The Barber's Hut, is one of the last barbershops that mostly cater to men in Rochester.
He sees the single chair shop is a dying trade.
While Kirchner says it's all sad, he'll miss conversations with his clients the most.
“They've been apart of my life and I've been apart of theirs and we discussed family matters and it's just a very emotional thing to leave, said Kirchner.
Kirchner is planning to travel the country and spend more time with his wife.
- Local barbershop closing after 50 years
- Rochester shoe staple closes after 85 years
- Local businesses close early Monday due to snow
- Father and daughter reconnect after 50 years
- Kinney Pioneer Museum celebrates 50 years
- 50 years since devastation hit Charles City
- Francis Lauer celebrates 50 years of service
- Closed Captioning Information
- Waseca printing plant closes
- Friday's delays and closings