CHARLES CITY, Iowa- The Litterer Band from Charles City received some big news Tuesday - it will be inducted in to the Iowa Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame this year.
KIMT News 3 caught up with the former guitar player Brent Estlund. He played with the band in the 80’s for about a decade. He said the idea of him or one of his bands getting nominated hadn’t crossed his mind in a while, until recently.
“I was in Okoboji to see the Hall of Fame and it kind of peaked my interest," he said. "I had no idea we were actually nominated until I saw the news clip.”
The induction ceremony will take place August 31st and September 1st in Okoboji.
- North Iowa band to be inducted into Iowa Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- Nominees for the 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction class announced
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2019 class announced
- Two north Iowa coaches named Hall of Fame inductees
- North Iowa Band Festival announces theme
- Preparations underway for North Iowa Band Festival
- 80th Annual North Iowa Band Festival Winners
- North Iowa Band Festival list of events
- Sebolt inducted to IHSAA Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Janet Jackson, Def Leppard, Nicks join Rock Hall of Fame