MASON CITY, Iowa – The Mason City Evening Lions Club is teaming up with the River City Kiwanis Club to run the annual BBQ Chicken Dinner during Cannonball Day.
Calling this agreement a first for both organizations in Iowa, the clubs say they hope it will raise thousands more dollars to help kids and community members in North Iowa. The Mason City Evening Lions Club says the BBQ Chicken Dinner has been its largest fundraiser and has grown so much they needed a partner to manage it.
The dinner is scheduled for June 29.
Mason City Evening Lions Club meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, September through May at 6:30PM and once a month in June, July and August.
River City Kiwanis Club meets every Friday morning from 6:30-7:30am at Hy-Vee East.
- Lions Club and Kiwanis form partnership in Mason City
- Charles City Police and Schools forming new K9 partnership
- Mason City Exchange Club looking for volunteers
- Kids Closet program gets big donation from Austin's Early Risers Kiwanis Club
- Mason City's historic walking tours will change to new management thanks to new partnership
- Authorities investigating death at Mason City Country Club
- Clear Lake Evening Lions Club gains international recognition
- Lions leaning on experience
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- Mayo Clinic announces 10-year partnership with Google