ROCHESTER, Minn.-Most of us have been impacted by cancer is some way.
A health insurance company is working to bring comfort to those in need during their difficult time.
Washington National teamed up with the American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge in Rochester to provide free lunch and comfort care kits during their time at the lodge.
The kits have everything from books to handmade blankets to keep patients, including Bob Mungo, feel a closer to home.
“There's a lot of camaraderie here with everybody and it's really nice,” said Mungo.
Washington National will travel to other communities to continue this effort, including New Orleans and Florida.
- Life insurance looks to bring comfort to those fighting cancer
- Minnesota champion runner enters 'comfort care' for cancer
- Bringing skin cancer awareness to the community
- Rochester High Schools Join Fight Against Cancer
- Flooding in for flood insurance
- North Iowa cancer fighting fundraiser among most successful in America
- During cancer fight, 10-year-old providing inspiration for many
- 'Cancer Fighting Kitchen' has goal of prevention, nutrition
- Fighting heat when fighting fires
- One Homeless Man Finds Comfort at Warming Center