MASON CITY, Iowa- The organization “Legal Aid” is there to help those on a low income with their legal representation, or legal advice, but they too need help. That is why Thursday night the organization is inviting the public to a game of trivia and to help raise money for their cause.
Local attorney, judges and other parts of the Bar Association came out to play. Those with Legal Aid say this is just a fun way to get together and help those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to help themselves. They say the funds are needed now more than ever after political rumors have started to emerge.
“There is going to be a lot of pressure, from what I understand, in the state legistlature,” says Diane Wilson, the Legal Aid Managing Lawyer. “There is also a lot of discussion on the federal side to completely defund our services. I don’t think that would happen, but that is something that is being discussed.”
- Legal Aid Trivia Night
- World AIDS day awareness
- Hearing Aid Giveaway Winner
- Oregon Legalizing Eating Road Kill
- Receiving training for mental health first aid
- Training for youth mental health first aid
- Experts suggest lowering drunk driving legal limit
- Legal clinic for survivors of sexual assault
- Klobuchar says she favors legalizing recreational marijuana