CHARLES CITY, Iowa - Human Trafficking is an issue prevalent right now nationally and locally, and it can happen to anyone.
That’s why one senior center in our area is ensuring that they get the information needed to help protect them.
Residents at the Charles City Senior Center came out to listen to a program on human trafficking held by Crisis Intervention Service.
We spoke to one local woman who attended the program and says it was important for her to learn how this issue affects everyone.
“It can happen to anybody and just because we are a smaller community doesn't mean we are exempt from anything like that and I think it is important to get the information out there to anybody because you may not suspect that someone is trying to get you or your loved one,” says Rose Lamprecht.
- Learning about human trafficking
- Families learn about human trafficking
- Area family learning about human trafficking
- Public encouraged to learn more about human trafficking through documentary
- Rochester police investigating human trafficking at hotel
- Human trafficking arrest in Olmsted County
- Human Trafficking Awareness event held in southern MN
- Charles City Rotary Club hosts human trafficking seminar
- Convenience store chains team up to fight human trafficking
- Sex Trafficking Rumors