ROCHESTER, Minn. – Rochester’s tourism industry is looking for a new leader.
Brad Jones is stepping down as Executive Director of Experience Rochester MN, what used to be called the Rochester MN Convention and Visitors Bureau, to take over Visit Bellevue in the state of Washington.
“I am very proud of our sales, marketing and visitor experience programs” says Jones. “They are the backbone of what we have focused on for several years. Experience Rochester’s team has consistently increased annual sales in the past 13 years. In addition, our team has played a key role in destination development efforts that support our hospitality businesses and help position Rochester as a great place to visit. We’ve advocated for increased air service as well as developing and growing the downtown visitor experience. Seeing so much progress in these areas has been very rewarding.”
Jones came to Rochester in 2005 after being the executive director for the Mackinaw Area Visitors Bureau in Michigan for a decade. He was named Explore MN Tourism’s Outstanding Individual in Tourism in 2016.
Experience Rochester MN says Jones helped secure state and local support of the convention center expansion at Mayo Civic Center and inclusion of hospitality as a new program pathway offered through Rochester Community and Technical College’s CTECH/STEM Center.
Jones’ last day on the job in Rochester will be August 15.
- Leader of Experience Rochester MN is leaving
- Experience Rochester MN give update to committee
- Southern MN dog attack leaves girl, 11, with broken arm
- Rochester prostitution sting upheld by MN Court of Appeals
- MN Supreme Court rules again in Rochester bus dispute
- City leaders discuss vision statement for Rochester
- A new leader for Rochester Catholic Schools
- New leader needed for Rochester Sports
- Lions leaning on experience
- MN HS football rankings (10/11)