LE ROY, Minn. - The LeRoy American Legion Post 161 has been working on bringing a veterans memorial to town since 2017. The organization is hoping to raise $50,000 by the end of the year to begin construction.
"We're well on our way. The community is really good. We've had a lot of local donations," says Don Orum, an American Legion member who is leading the project.
The plan is to construct the memorial in front of the LeRoy Community Center.
Donations can be mailed to the LeRoy American Legion Post 161 at their P.O. Box 46 or you can contact Don Orum at 507-259-4159.
- Le Roy American Legion raising funds for a veterans memorial
- Happening Tuesday: American Legion Legacy Ride
- Helping the Albert Lea American Legion
- Pine Island veteran memorialized
- Town of Elba raising money for veterans memorial, park
- American Legion Post #92 members say thank you to educators
- American Legion Post #92 in Rochester opens its new location
- The future of the Le Roy Farmers’ Market
- Final touches to Rushford Veterans Memorial complete
- Fundraiser held to honor fallen police officer and raise funds for new law enforcement memorial