MASON CITY, Iowa – A lawsuit is being refiled against the owners of Southbridge Mall for non-payment of real estate taxes.
A lawsuit had been filed in Cerro Gordo County District Court seeking $177,324 in taxes and interest. It was withdrawn in October after the county treasurer’s office said it received payment. However, County Treasurer Patricia Wright issued a statement on Monday that three of the four checks received from Southbridge Mall Realty Holding, LLC have been returned for non-sufficient funds.
Wright states a written demand to honor the checks was sent to Southbridge Mall’s owners and they failed to comply. She says the lawsuit will now be refiled with additional requests for punitive and other damages.
- Lawsuit refiled against Mason City mall
- Mason City mall owners pay back taxes
- Mason City school administrators dismissed from lawsuit
- Study says refillable water bottles are covered in bacteria
- Will Mason City's Southbridge Mall have a resurgence due to downtown developments?
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- SAW: Mason City's Hannah Faktor