CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A law enforcement vehicle suffered damage after being struck during a Highway 18 traffic stop Friday night.
The Iowa State Patrol said the two vehicles were pulled off to the side of the road with a Ford Expedition having its emergency lights activated.
That’s when a Peterbuilt driven by Martin Tanev, 29, of West Palm Beach, Florida, struck the police vehicle.
Debris from the collision also struck the other vehicle that was parked on the shoulder.
The crash happened at milemarker 182.
- Law enforcement vehicle struck during Cerro Gordo County traffic stop
- Cerro Gordo Co. Law Enforcement Center tobacco usage resolution updated
- UPDATE: Cerro Gordo County employee hit by vehicle
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant
- Car theft sentence in Cerro Gordo County
- Rollover accident in Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough confirmed in Cerro Gordo County
- Two-car accident in Cerro Gordo County