OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – Two men are taken to St. Marys Hospital after authorities respond to a reported shooting in rural Olmsted County.
Law enforcement says it was contacted just after 4 pm Thursday by a female saying someone may have been shot in the 4500 block of County Road 3. The person who was supposedly shot turned out to be a 46-year-old man who had no gunshot wounds but said someone in one of his outbuildings had been shooting at him.
Authorities searched and located a rifle and a 44-year-old man in hiding. Law enforcement says they're not sure what happened or if any shots were actually fired but they say drugs were involved. No one suffered any gunshot wounds.
County Road 3 and County Road 17 were closed during this incident and an armored vehicle was brought in but the scene is being cleared now.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Byron First Responders, Minnesota State Patrol, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, and Mayo Clinic Ambulance responded to this incident.
- Two men taken to St. Marys after reported gunfire in rural Olmsted County
- Gunfire reported in Austin
- Tanker truck flips in rural Olmsted County
- Two SUVs crash in rural Olmsted County.
- Prison sentence for gun threat in rural Olmsted County
- Woman hit by pickup truck in rural Olmsted County
- Entrepreneurship Showcase at St. Mary's
- Package thefts reported in Olmsted County
- Report of shots fired in Olmsted County
- Injuries reported in Olmsted County crash