ALBERT LEA, Minn. – Flames and explosions tore through Pro Trucking in Albert Lea Monday night.
A 911 call came in around 8:50 pm from a neighbor who said fire and heavy smoke was coming from the business in the 77000 block of 209th Street. Albert Lea Fire Rescue and police say they arrived to find flames consuming the 7,000 square foot truck maintenance shop.
Fire departments from Austin, Glenville, Hayward, and Hollendale were called in to assist. Authorities say it took about an hour to gain control of the fire but crews remained on scene until 1 am Tuesday due to concerns over tires and flammable liquids in the maintenance shop.
No one was in the building when it caught fire and the cause has not been determined. The Minnesota State Fire Marshal’s Office is helping Albert Lea Fire Rescue investigate.
There is no damage estimate at this time.
Mayo Ambulance also assisted at the scene.
- Investigation underway into Pro Trucking fire in Albert Lea
- New info on Pro Trucking fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Baby death under investigation in Albert Lea
- Unattended candle causes fire in Albert Lea
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday