LAKE MILLS, Iowa – A man stands accused of stealing from the city of Lake Mills.
Dylan James Mitchell, 26 of Lake Mills, is charged with 3rd degree burglary and 2nd degree theft. Authorities say he and another individual identified only as “Justin” stole tools out of the Lake Mills City Shed on March 20. Court documents state the total value of the tools taken is about $2,171.85.
Lake Mills police say Mitchell tried to sell the stolen tools via social media, with officers monitoring the activity and intercepting Mitchell during a sale. The investigation then led to a search at 507 West Main Street, where officers say more of the tools were recovered.
- Lake Mills man accused of stealing tools
- Lake MIlls man to stand trial for truck/tool theft
- Lake Mills man accused of bat attack
- Lake Mills man arrested for theft of $20,000 worth of tools
- Lake Mills man in more legal trouble
- Lookout for Lake Mills wrestling
- Lake Mills meth dealer sentenced
- Clear Lake man accused of stealing car in Mason City
- Accused Lake Mills meth dealer pleads not guilty
- SAW: Gabe Irons of Lake Mills