FOREST CITY, Iowa – A Lake Mills man is pleading not guilty to stealing a truck and thousands of dollars’ worth of tools.
Andrew John Aukes, 31, is charged with 1st degree theft and operating a vehicle without the owner’s consent. He’s accused of stealing a truck belonging to Advanced Concrete from a rural location east of Thompson on January 27. The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office says the truck was recovered but missing $20,000 worth of tools inside.
Deputies say some of the items stolen from the truck were found at Aukes’ home and his shoes match prints where the truck was found.
Aukes’ trial is set to begin on May 8.
He is also scheduled to stand trial beginning April 10 for his involvement in the kidnapping of a woman in Winnebago County. To learn more about that story, click here.
- Lake MIlls man to stand trial for truck/tool theft
- Lake Mills man accused of stealing tools
- Man to stand trial for drug party in Lake Mills
- Lake Mills man arrested for theft of $20,000 worth of tools
- Lake MIlls man sentenced for convenience store theft
- Minnesota man pleads guilty to Lake Mills snowmobile thefts
- Chicago man to stand trial for theft in Mason City
- Minnesota man arrested for Clear Lake truck theft
- MN man pleads not guilty to Clear Lake truck theft
- Minnesota man pleads guilty to Clear Lake truck theft