ROCHESTER, Minn.-Millions of people across the country are hitting the road to celebrate Labor Day weekend but in Minnesota it's also construction season and that's slowing people down a bit.
Mndot and state troopers are urging people to slow down this weekend.
People are hitting the roads for one last hoo-rah.
It’s the unofficial end of summer and people are on the roadways headed to their weekend destination.
AAA is estimating that nearly 35 million people will be traveling over the labor day weekend.
“It's a little intense...their is a lot of traffic and it's going very rapidly,” said Traveler Susan Werblow.
- Labor Day weekend travel
- Working on Labor Day
- Two Labor Day weekend festivals in Mason City taking place
- CURE hosts Labor Day Picnic
- 116 traffic deaths in Minnesota between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day
- Traveling war memorial in Britt this weekend
- Traveling Affected by Storm
- Pilot shortage concerns travelers
- Travel updates from MnDOT
- University of Iowa Labor Center to close