ALGONA, Iowa – A North Iowa murder trial is being pushed back into 2019.
Jeffrey Lynn Winters, 60 of Livermore, is charged with 1st degree murder in the August killing of Randy Page, who was found dead in his garage in Lu Verne. Four 9mm bullet casings were found near Page’s body and law enforcement says witnesses report seeing a man who looked like Winters at Page’s home.
Court records state a search of Winters’ home found an empty handgun holster and ammunition.
Winters waived his right to a speedy trial on Thursday and court officials say a trial will not be held before May 2019.
- Kossuth County murder trial is delayed
- Murder trial delayed in Rochester
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Mason City murder trial delayed again
- Trial for accused attempted murderer delayed
- Charles City man's murder trial delayed again
- Attempted murder trial delayed again in Austin
- Lakota man facing murder charge in Kossuth County
- Luck decides two elections in Kossuth County
- Not guilty plea in Kossuth County killing