ROCHESTER, Minn. - This week is the first week for the Rochester Honkers baseball team's 2019 season. For Wednesday's game's senior day, Korean War Veteran Sterling Mestad threw one of the ceremonial first pitches.
"I enjoyed it. Its great. It's an honor," Mestad said about the experience.
The Honkers succumbed to the St. Cloud Rox 3-5.
Mestad says the pitch will earn him bragging rights among his dinner companions at Riverbend Assisted Living.
- Korean War Veteran throws first pitch at Honkers Baseball game
- Honkers take Game 1 from Loggers
- Rochester Honkers under new ownership.
- Toward Zero Death night at Rochester Honkers game
- SAW: Mason City baseball pitching staff
- Three Honkers named to Major League showcase
- Defense reigns as Honkers fall to Waterloo
- Honkers seek revenge after blowout loss in Duluth
- Rochester Honkers look to improve the overall fan experience.
- Rochester Honkers open 2019 season with a victory