ROCHESTER, Minn. - This week is the first week for the Rochester Honkers baseball team's 2019 season. For Wednesday's game's senior day, Korean War Veteran Sterling Mestad threw one of the ceremonial first pitches.
"I enjoyed it. Its great. It's an honor," Mestad said about the experience.
The Honkers succumbed to the St. Cloud Rox 3-5.
Mestad says the pitch will earn him bragging rights among his dinner companions at Riverbend Assisted Living.
- Korean War Veteran throws first pitch at Honkers Baseball game
- Honkers take Game 1 from Loggers
- Rochester Honkers under new ownership.
- Honkers split series with MoonDogs
- SAW: Mason City baseball pitching staff
- Toward Zero Death night at Rochester Honkers game
- Honkers split doubleheader, defeat Larks in game two
- Honkers hold off Bismark in game three of homestand
- Three Honkers named to Major League showcase
- Defense reigns as Honkers fall to Waterloo