ROCHESTER, Minn. – What police described as a knifepoint robbery results in a bit more than three weeks in jail.
Lam Mathaing Yieb, 20 of Rochester, was sentenced Wednesday to 23 days in the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center, followed by 10 years of supervised probation and 100 hours of community work service. Yieb will be allowed to serve his sentence on work release if eligible.
Yieb pleaded guilty to simple robbery in April. Rochester police say Yieb and a 17-year-old robbed a 20-year-old man on December 21, 2017. The victim told officers Yieb and the teen were armed with knives.
- Knifepoint robber sentenced in Rochester
- Knifepoint robbery reported in Rochester
- Rochester dance floor robber is sentenced
- Guilty plea in knifepoint robbery in Rochester
- Man sentenced for helping accused teen robber
- Court of Appeals denies Rochester GameStop robber
- Not guilty plea in knifepoint robbery
- Outlaw sentenced in Rochester
- Rochester stabber sentenced
- Rochester ear-slicer sentenced