AUSTIN, Minn. – For a third year in a row, the Early Risers Kiwanis Club is supporting the Kids Closet program at the Austin school district.
A donation of $3,500, made along with the Faith Evangelical Free Church, was presented Friday morning.
“We started the program to help provide some of the basics for students in need,” says Kiwanis Early Risers member Mark Nibaur. “Whether it’s socks or underwear, we’re hoping that helping students meet some basic needs will lead to better educational outcomes for them.”
The Kiwanis also donated to Austin’s Head Start program for a second year.
“The Kids Closet is huge for our families,” says Blair Steinberg, of Head Start. “We’re always looking for ways to help our families, and this helps provide needed supplies like winter jackets, gloves, and lots more.”
The Kids Closet program helps children in Austin’s Community Learning Center, Woodson Kindergarten Center, and all four elementary schools.
- Kids Closet program gets big donation from Austin's Early Risers Kiwanis Club
- Another big donation to Austin rec center
- Austin check for kid's dental program
- Lions Club and Kiwanis form partnership in Mason City
- Olmsted County Foster Care Closet
- Organization launches new donation program
- Austin Police Department drops 411 tips program
- Central Lutheran School students donate to the Olmsted County Foster Care Closet
- Big grant for new Austin rec center
- Big donation to Mayo emergency department