ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Each month, KIMT News 3 and our Giving Your Best Partners, Diamond Jo Casino and First Citizens Bank, honor someone who goes above and beyond to give back to their community.
Our July Volunteer of the Month is Jo Lowe.
For many years, Lowe was the Executive Director of the Arc of Freeborn County, which helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Now Lowe is retired, but she still spends much of her time helping the organization.
"The Arc is my passion because we have a daughter with disabilities and the Arc has made a difference in Paula's life and our whole family," Lowe said.
"Through the years, Jo has always gone above and beyond to make sure that everyone has the access, the ability, and knows about the programs that we have here at the Arc. She's a great mentor, a great teacher," said Mary Goetz, the current Executive Director of the Arc of Freeborn County.
"I get back more than I give because people are so wonderful and connecting with others is fun," Lowe said.
If you'd like to nominate some for Volunteer of the Month, click here: http://www.kimt.com/community/giving-your-best-volunteer-of-the-month/
- July Giving Your Best Volunteer of the Month
- February Giving Your Best Volunteer of the Month
- June Giving Your Best Volunteer of the Month
- October Giving Your Best Volunteer of the Month
- August Giving Your Best Volunteer of the Month
- July Volunteer of the Month: Forest City veteran goes the extra mile for community
- November GYB Volunteers of the Month.
- December GYB Volunteer of the Month
- March GYB Volunteer of the Month
- April GYB Volunteers of the Month