DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The January trial for an Iowa farmer-turned-reality television star charged with leaving the scene of a fatal accident last year has been rescheduled.
Chris Soules who appeared on "The Bachelor" and "Dancing With The Stars" had been scheduled to face a jury trial on Jan. 18. On Monday, Judge Andrea Dryer approved his attorney's motion to postpone.
No new trial date has been set. Dryer has said it should begin before May 7.
Soules lost a legal battle Friday in the felony case when Dryer denied his motion to dismiss the charge. He claims Iowa's law requiring the surviving driver in a fatal accident to remain at the scene until police arrive is unconstitutional.
Soules' attorneys say he will appeal that ruling to the Iowa Supreme Court.
- Judge postpones 'Bachelor' star's fatal accident trial
- Judge allows delay in 'Bachelor' star's fatal accident trial
- "Bachelor" star wants fatal accident charge dismissed
- Judge approves plea deal for 'The Bachelor' star
- Former 'Bachelor' star takes plea deal in fatal crash
- 'Bachelor' star sentencing delayed for fatal Iowa crash
- 'Bachelor' star sentenced for deadly crash
- Rochester murder trial is postponed
- Murder trial for Larry Whaley postponed
- Mason City murder trial is postponed