Just like his older brother, Tre Jones has closed his high school basketball career at Apple Valley as a repeat Associated Press Player of the Year award winner.
Jones topped the AP's Minnesota all-state team for the 2017-18 season, announced Tuesday. The senior point guard bound for Duke averaged 22.7 points, 8.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game. Tyus Jones, who's now in the NBA with the hometown Timberwolves, won the award three times from 2012-14.
Joining Tre Jones on the first team was Cretin-Derham Hall senior Daniel Oturu, who will play next season at Minnesota. Oturu's Raiders beat Jones' Eagles in the Class 4A championship game. Also on the first team: Minnehaha Academy sophomore Jalen Suggs, Rochester John Marshall junior Matthew Hurt and Delano senior Calvin Wishart.
- John Marshall's Matthew Hurt named 1st Team All-State
- John Marshall's Matthew Hurt named to McDonald's All-America team
- A look back on the historic career of John Marshall's Matthew Hurt
- SAW: John Marshall's Jessie Ruden
- John Marshall grad Michael Hurt and the Golden Gophers prep for tournament run
- Girls hockey highlights: Century vs John Marshall
- John Marshall forward putting up big numbers
- Basketball highlights: John Marshall vs Mayo doubleheader
- IA HS State Golf - 1st Round Results
- Golden Apple: Matthew Bitz, Albert Lea