Just like his older brother, Tre Jones has closed his high school basketball career at Apple Valley as a repeat Associated Press Player of the Year award winner.
Jones topped the AP's Minnesota all-state team for the 2017-18 season, announced Tuesday. The senior point guard bound for Duke averaged 22.7 points, 8.2 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game. Tyus Jones, who's now in the NBA with the hometown Timberwolves, won the award three times from 2012-14.
Joining Tre Jones on the first team was Cretin-Derham Hall senior Daniel Oturu, who will play next season at Minnesota. Oturu's Raiders beat Jones' Eagles in the Class 4A championship game. Also on the first team: Minnehaha Academy sophomore Jalen Suggs, Rochester John Marshall junior Matthew Hurt and Delano senior Calvin Wishart.
- John Marshall's Matthew Hurt named 1st Team All-State
- SAW: John Marshall's Jessie Ruden
- Girls hockey highlights: Century vs John Marshall
- IA HS State Golf - 1st Round Results
- John Marshall High School students raise money for classmate
- John Marshall High School students stand together against hate
- Austin vs. John Marshall Girl's Hockey Highlights from Saturday
- John Marshall Girls Hockey vs. Hopkins/Park Highlights from Friday
- Basketball teams unite in 1st meeting after racist comments surfaced
- Veteran named as 3rd of July parade grand marshal