ROCHESTER, Minn.- Nearly two weeks ago, A John Marshall High Schooler's family saw their home go up in flames.
Today, fellow students at the high school are raising money in a one minute fundraiser.
It's where volunteers run into each classroom asking students and faculty to throw money into a bucket.
That money is going to help their classmate's family get back on their feet.
Mel Sadecki and Suad Mumin organized the fundraiser and say they want to help any way they can.
“If it happened to any of us we would want someone to do something for us and like help us out we thought we should help her out in some way,” said Mumin.
To donate to the family, Click Here.
- John Marshall High School students raise money for classmate
- John Marshall High School students stand together against hate
- John Marshall High School in Rochester honors Veterans Day
- John Marshall named Rochester's fourth 'community school'
- SAW: John Marshall's Jessie Ruden
- John Marshall sweeps Red Wing
- Bear Cave students raise money for wildfires
- Students kill classmate, injure 8 at school near Columbine
- High school students speaking with younger classmates about staying off drugs
- Girls hockey highlights: Century vs John Marshall