It’s not just cold, it’s record-breaking cold.
Lows reached 15 and 13 below zero Monday morning, breaking records that have stood for decades, and in one case, more than 100 years.
Albert Lea reached -15 Monday, breaking a record of -12 that was set in 1917.
Rochester (-15), Mason City (-13) and Charles City (-13) broke the record for the coldest March 4. The previous records were set in 1978.
What’s the normal temperature this time of year? The average high is 34, and the average low is 19.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- It's not just cold, it's record-breaking cold
- Record-setting cold in Minnesota
- It's a record-breaking day for cold temperatures!
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Repairing vehicles after last week's record cold
- NIACC relay breaking records
- Over 20 cities could break temperature records as dangerous, bitter cold invades the Midwest
- Cold for a cause
- Working in the cold
- Record-breaking winter for SocialICE