MASON CITY, Iowa- It was a brief message. “It’s a new beginning, Mason City."
Those were the words newly-seated mayor Bill Schickel used as he set his goals for Mason City.
Mayor Schickel stated that the new council gives a new perspective and opportunity to the city.
He discussed the future of the River City Renaissance project, saying he was in favor of the Gatehouse Capital project, but is excited to move forward with the new developers, G8 Development.
Mayor Schickel touched on bringing families and youth back to Mason City to help fill what he says are more than 1,000 open jobs.
This is Schickel’s ninth State of the City Address, but he says this set of goals are different than when he first was elected as mayor.
“A lot of things have changed but a lot of things have stayed the same,” he said. “In the early days when I was mayor, technology was different, but one of the thing that I think has stayed the same is people really have a desire to move forward and work to get things done.”
- Message from mayor Bill Schickel: "It's a new beginning, Mason City."
- New York City mayor pushes progressive message in Iowa
- Rochester mayoral candidate forum
- Pope's Easter message: 'Hope and dignity.'
- Mayor's Medal of Honor Awards
- From overseas, Greene soldier has message for family, friends
- Coffee sleeves for a cause hoping to spread a message
- Porn star lawyer Avenatti takes his fighting message to Iowa
- Kim Norton joins race for Rochester Mayor
- Rochester Mayor kick off EarthFest 2018