ROCHESTER, Minn. - Do you file taxes early or wait until the tax deadline?
"I don't file taxes until April 15th," DeeDee Odell of Rochester said. "Because I don't get all our statements in until that late date so we have to wait until we get all that information."
"I usually file them as early as I can, I worked on them this weekend," David Anderson of Rochester said.
"I actually have started to file earlier...but I get a tax return so I go earlier," Tricia Schilling said.
Experts at Med City Tax Service in Rochester said there are benefits to filing early like getting a refund check earlier and having time to structure out a plan to make a payment.
But, they also said filing too early could result in having to refile closer to the deadline if statements come later in March with more accurate amounts.
- Is it worth it to file taxes early?
- Rollover crash early Sunday in Worth County
- Worth County wetlands project in early stages
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- 2-car accident in Worth County
- Fire in rural Worth County
- Combine fire in Worth County
- Cell phone reminder from Worth County Sheriff
- Two-vehicle crash in Worth County
- Worth County approves CAFO near Silver Lake