STEWARTVILLE, Minn. - On Thursday evening, eager residents of Stewartville gathered in the dimmed city hall around a fire to hear about the recent paranormal investigation that took place.
After Hours is a paranormal investigation group who performed the investigation. They tell KIMT that Stewartville's City Hall is extremely haunted.
Hawk is the lead investigator and she tells KIMT they heard 29 voices using EVP, or Electronic Voice Phenomena. These are sounds that are caught on a recording device that cannot be heard during the actual recording.
Hawk says this many EVP's is huge.
"Twenty-nine EVP's is not something to take lightly. If you watch some of the T.V. shows, at the end of an 8-12 hour session they're pretty jazzed to have 1-2 EVP's."
Most voices were heard in an upstairs admin office but several were heard in the basement, which used to be a jail.
And while some may find this part of the city's past spooky, Mayor Jimmie-John King says this is part of Stewartville's history.
"There's that many people that have used it and are still thinking about it or are still visiting it from the past ... now in the future, I guess you could say."
Hawk says there's nothing to worry about here, all of the voices that were caught on recording seemed to be kind.
- Is Stewartville's City Hall haunted?
- Stewartville school lunch survey
- Rollover north of Stewartville
- Stewartville brush dump closed
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- Geotek expanding in Stewartville
- SAW: Stewartville's Josh Buri
- SAW: Stewartville volleyball
- Two-vehicle crash in Stewartville
- Stewartville preps for snow season