IOWA CITY, Iowa – It is no doubt that the Iowa women’s basketball team has lots of talent and continues to be recognized for it. On Thursday, it got a little sweeter.
Senior forward/center, Megan Gustafson, was named Player of the Year by the Associated Press.
Gustafson received 15 of the 28 votes. She is the first player out of the Big Ten and the University of Iowa to receive the prestigious honor.
- Iowa's Gustafson named AP Player of the Year
- Iowa's Megan Gustafson is AP Player of the Year
- Dallas Wings waive Megan Gustafson
- Iowa's Gustafson named 1st-team all-American: 'She's completely taken over our record books'
- Behind Gustafson and Meyer, No. 2 Iowa survives Mercer 66-61
- Gustafson, Baer to play, Horner to coach for Iowa United
- Iowa's Jewell, Jackson named AP 1st-team all-Americans
- Matthew Hurt wins Minnesota AP Player of the Year
- John Marshall's Hurt is Minnesota AP Player of the Year
- Gustafson, Carleton head to the WNBA