IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Iowa All-American wrestler Sam Stoll has been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after he was accidentally shot in the knee.
Iowa City police said say they responded to a report of a gunshot victim who showed up at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics shortly before 5 a.m. Tuesday. A preliminary investigation found he was shot by mistake in a residence and that several other people were present.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing. Iowa athletics officials were gathering information on the incident.
Stoll placed fifth as a heavyweight at the NCAA Championships in March. He has one more season of eligibility remaining.
- Iowa wrestler hospitalized after being shot in the knee
- Body of Grand View wrestler recovered from Iowa lake
- Local standout wrestlers share bond as Iowa commits
- Albert Lea wrestlers sign with power programs
- Video shows Minnesota jailer kneeing, punching handcuffed black man
- Robbery suspect shot dead in central Iowa
- Plans for Iowa psychiatric hospital worry residents
- College basketball fans experience Iowa hospitality
- Newman Catholic wrestling team has high expectations, four ranked wrestlers
- Destination Des Moines: Prep wrestlers earn trip to state tournament