IOWA CITY, Iowa – Only one team from Iowa remains in the hunt for a national title; the Iowa Hawkeye women.
The Hawkeyes open up regional play against North Carolina State on Saturday, Mar. 30 at 10:30 AM.
The winner will play the victor of Baylor and South Carolina for a trip to the Final Four.
Head coach, Lisa Bluder, recognizes the challenge ahead.
“We’re just happy to keep our season going and we want to keep it going as long as we can, and we obviously know we’ve got a tough challenge with NC State,” said Bluder.
Bluder talked a lot about being a part of program history during Wednesday’s press conference, and Tania Davis sees nothing other than full potential.
“I think we’re all aware of the opportunity that’s in front of us,” said Davis. “To be able to play in the Sweet 16, advance to the Elite-Eight, and play in the Final Four and possibly win a national championship…not a lot of people can say that.
- Iowa women acknowledge challenges en route to championship
- Railroad acknowledges Iowa derailment was flood related
- Two North Iowa winners in volunteer challenge
- Iowa leaning on newcomers in challenging opener
- #InMyFeelings Challenge
- 2019 RAGBRAI Route announced
- Wieskamp scores 24, No. 23 Iowa routs Savannah State 110-64
- Patriots win state title en route to nationals bid
- NIACC volleyball en route to season for the history books
- Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge open new women's rehab facility