DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Iowa's unemployment rate has dropped to its lowest level in nearly 17 years.
Iowa Workforce Development reported Friday the unemployment rate for October fell to 3 percent, down from the September rate of 3.2 percent. The unemployment rate is the lowest since January 2001.
The rate drop reflected a decline in the number of unemployed Iowans to about 51,000 in October. The number of working residents rose to 1.635 million.
The national employment rate in October was 4.1 percent.
- Iowa unemployment rate drops to 3 percent, lowest since 2001
- Iowa unemployment drops to 2.8 percent, 5th lowest in US
- Iowa's unemployment rate steady at 2.9 percent
- US unemployment drops to lowest since 1969
- Iowa unemployment rate down to 2.5 percent, 2nd lowest in US
- Iowa now holds nation's lowest unemployment rate at 2.4%
- Iowa unemployment rate remains among lowest in US at 2.4%
- Iowa ties with Hawaii for nation's lowest unemployment rate
- Iowa unemployment rate stuck at 2.4%, 3rd lowest in US
- Unemployment rates down nationwide