COLUMBUS JUNCTION, Iowa (AP) — A southeastern Iowa high school teacher has been arrested and charged with sexually exploiting a student at his school.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety says in a news release that 33-year-old Eusebio Jimenez Jr. was charged Thursday with sexual exploitation by a school employee. Jimenez is a Spanish language teacher in the Columbus Community High School. Superintendent Gary Benda says Jimenez has been suspended pending the outcome of his criminal case.
Jimenez was booked into the Louisa County Jail; a person who answered the phone at the jail Thursday afternoon said Jimenez was in the process of being released on $5,000 cash bond. It was not clear whether Jimenez had an attorney.
Investigators say an underage student reported in November that he had been sexually exploited by Jimenez.
- Iowa teacher charged with sexually exploiting student
- Former teacher loses appeal over sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawsuit: Iowa physician assistant sexually exploited patient
- Jailed Iowa coach now faces 5 sexual exploitation charges
- 19-year-old facing felony sexual exploitation charge
- Drake University professor accused of sexual exploitation
- Sheriff: North Iowa teacher charged with having sexual conduct with student
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse
- Cresco man pleads guilty to sexual exploitation of a minor
- Winneshiek County man gets probation for sexual exploitation