MARION, Iowa (AP) — Linn County authorities in eastern Iowa have arrested a school nurse who's accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student.
Cedar Rapids police say 46-year-old Angela Beik is being charged with sexual exploitation by a school employee.
A phone listed for Beik in Marion rang busy during several calls Wednesday. Court records don't list the name of an attorney who could comment for her.
Beik was the school nurse at Linn-Mar High School in Marion and also employed at St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids. Police began an investigation of Beik last month. They'd learned that state officials were checking a report that Beik told fellow St. Luke's nurses that she'd had consensual sex with the boy. They reported the conversation to officials.
- Iowa school nurse accused of having sex with student, 16
- Iowa teacher accused of student sex abuse
- Feds accuse Iowa nurse of prescription drug scheme
- Local school combats nursing shortage
- Iowa beats #16 Ohio State, 72-62
- Western Iowa man accused of kidnapping, sex abuse
- NE Iowa man accused of having sex with 13-year-old
- Iowa YMCA administrator accused of child sex abuse
- Nursing assistant in NE Iowa pleads guilty in patient sex abuse case
- 3 Mercy-North Iowa nurses named to list of 100 Great Iowa nurses