Iowa health officials said Tuesday the state has its first death caused by the Coronavirus.
The Iowa Department of Health said the person who died was a resident of Dubuque County and was 61-80 years old.
"Our hearts are heavy with the first loss of an Iowan to COVID-19. The thoughts and prayers of our state are with the family during this difficult time," said Gov. Reynolds. "I continue to urge all Iowans to protect their health and the health of others, especially older individuals and those with chronic health conditions who are most at risk. We all have a role to play in limiting the spread of this virus."
Answers, symptoms and prevention | Closings around southern Minnesota, northern Iowa | For complete Coronavirus coverage, click here | Iowa Department of Health info | Minnesota Department of Health info | Daily timeline of cases in Minnesota, Iowa
- Iowa reports first death connected to Coronavirus
- Iowa reports 88 new Coronavirus cases, 2 more deaths
- Iowa reports 3 more coronavirus-related deaths, total at 14
- Four flu-related deaths reported in Iowa
- Opioid related deaths in Iowa declining: report
- First child flu death reported in Iowa
- Two flu-related deaths reported in Iowa
- Iowa reports 2 more Coronavirus-related deaths, more cases in north Iowa
- Iowa man's death ruled a homicide; no arrests reported
- Iowa reports 1st West Nile virus death of 2018